Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Perfect Match Book Review

Alrighty, So I made a new years resolution to read more books this year. The first book i read was The Perfect Match by Dr. Kevin Leman who also wrote The Birth Order Book. The Perfect Match Is a book abut finding and keeping the love of your life based on birth order. He has me pegged as a middle child with first born tendencies, it was great to see him pin point each one of my sisters and my parents based on their birth order and personality. It was also really insightful to see the areas he wanted people to pay special attention to when seeking your life mate. The most important part I read was when he said you need to pay special attention to how your future possible mate views and treats their family member of the opposite sex. Here is a list of some of my favorite quotes:

"Taking off your clothes does not develop this kind of intimacy, such closeness comes only from taking off your masks and truly sharing your hearts and lives with each other"

"You can tell how passionate a person is without seeing him/her naked"

Here he quotes another author about the level of a couples ambitions.
"When their levels of ambitions are similar, it can bond them together as they strive to reach their goals and achieve their dreams"


And one of my favorites:
"You've got to consider how well this person will fit into your life emotionally, intellectually, spiritually, financially, as a parent to your children and as a son-in-law or daughter-in-law to your parents. These judgments take time."


All in all, I thought this was an excellently written book. I thought he did an excellent job of highlighting the important similarities a couple should have as well as where it's good to be complete opposites. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who is looking to get married, or who is already married and is looking for an insight into their partners mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment